Here are ten significant things that happened on March 15th throughout history:
- 44 BC – Julius Caesar is assassinated by a group of Roman senators led by Brutus and Cassius.
- 1493 – Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first voyage to the Americas.
- 1781 – The Battle of Guilford Courthouse takes place in North Carolina during the American Revolutionary War, resulting in a British victory but heavy losses.
- 1820 – Maine becomes the 23rd state to join the United States.
- 1917 – Tsar Nicholas II abdicates the Russian throne, ending the Romanov dynasty and leading to the Russian Revolution.
- 1937 – The first flight of the American-built Vultee V-1 aircraft takes place in California.
- 1956 – My Fair Lady, a musical based on George Bernard Shaw’s play Pygmalion, opens on Broadway.
- 1965 – President Lyndon B. Johnson announces plans to send additional troops to Vietnam, escalating U.S. involvement in the war.
- 2011 – The Syrian Civil War begins with anti-government protests in the city of Daraa.
- 2019 – A mass shooting takes place at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, resulting in 50 deaths and dozens of injuries.
Thank you for reading my writings. If you’d like to, you can buy me a coffee for just £1 and I will think of you while writing my next post! Just hit the link below…. (thanks in advance)