Here are my ten favourite quotes on dogs:
1. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
2. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
3. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings
4. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
5. “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
6. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
7. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk
8. “Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.” – Agatha Christie
9. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” – Johnny Depp
10. “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
Do you agree? Would you add to, subtract, or substitute any of the above? If so I’ll be happy to read your comments below.
Thank you for reading my writings. If you’d like to, you can buy me a coffee for just £1 and I will think of you while writing my next post! Just hit the link below…. (thanks in advance)
2 thoughts on “The 10 best Dog Quotes of all time?”
I love most dogs, but by way of balancing these wonderfully affirming quotes, might I suggest that the dogs trained to tear the faces off babies and each other, would do well to direct their maniacal personalities towards tearing the faces off their owners.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Who would disagree with that … no such thing as bad dogs…just bad dog owners!