Here is a list of significant events that occurred on March 30th throughout history:
- 240 BC – The first recorded perihelion passage of Halley’s Comet takes place.
- 1282 – The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin rule of Charles I, in what is known as the Sicilian Vespers.
- 1856 – The Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Crimean War.
- 1867 – The United States purchases Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million, in a deal known as the Alaska Purchase.
- 1870 – The Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, granting voting rights to African American men.
- 1945 – The Soviet Union invades Austria during World War II.
- 1981 – President Ronald Reagan is shot in an assassination attempt outside a Washington, D.C., hotel.
- 2002 – Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother of the United Kingdom, dies at the age of 101.
- 2010 – The Solar Impulse, the world’s first solar-powered airplane, completes its first successful night flight.
- 2019 – The European Union approves a Brexit extension until April 12, 2019, after the UK’s Parliament failed to approve a withdrawal agreement.
Thank you for reading my writings. If you’d like to, you can buy me a coffee for just £1 and I will think of you while writing my next post! Just hit the link below…. (thanks in advance)